Internet forum marketing is the kind marketing that allows you to promote your business through online discussion groups. It involves joining a forum similar to your business, and adding posts to the discussions as well as starting your own. However, you are not allowed to advertise or market directly through your posts as this is considered spamming.
After registering as a member of the forum you will be able to create your own signature file. Within this signature file you can hyperlink a keyword phrase back to your website, which when clicked can bring traffic to your site.
Five benefits of forum marketing include:
1. Always remember that by posting you are helping out someone. It is a great feeling to know when you are of help to the other people. If you believe in the rule of when you give then you receive then forum marketing is right for you.
2. You’ll get to learn a lot for free. You may not feel the urge to post yourself, but you can still read other’s posts. Just hanging out in forums will teach you a lot that can help you grow your business or promote your product.
3. You can get free advertising from your signature profile. People who read your posts will see your signature profile and possibly click on the link for your website. Passive traffic such as this is a great way to get sales.
4. Search engines will credit you for a back link when you link back to your website. Your site may be featured in the top 10 on Google because of the back links from forum marketing. Try to post regularly on forums several times a week, but don’t overdo it or you may be accused of spamming. Try a Google search, and you will get a large list of forums and discussion groups. Find the ones that have any sort of relevance to your business.
5. You could get ideas for articles to write on your blog by reading other posts. Forum members start discussions when they have questions or concerns about a particular topic, and a good question usually stimulates a lot of discussion. Because different people will bring different ideas to the discussion, such questions can be made into stimulating articles.
These are several great reasons to include forum marketing as part of your advertising strategies, so be consistent and reap the benefits.
Search Amazon.com for Forum Marketing